The Neuroscience Program / International Max Planck Reseach School is member of the Göttingen Graduate Center of Neurosciences, Biophysics and Molecular (GGNB), funded by the German Excellence Initiative, under the umbrella of the Georg-August University School of Science (GAUSS). It is conducted jointly by the participating departments and research groups of the University of Göttingen, including the University Medical Center, and its partners:
- Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry (MPI-bpc)
- Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine (MPI-em)
- Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization (MPI-ds)
- European Neuroscience Institute (ENI)
- German Primate Center (DPZ)
- German Center for Neurodegeneratve Diseases (DZNE) - Göttingen Site
Beyond their active participation in the Neuroscience Program, the above-mentioned institutions and faculty members also cooperate in local interdisciplinary doctoral programs and research alliances, including
(1) the other PhD programs of the Göttingen Graduate Center of Neurosciences, Biophysics, and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB):
- Biomolecules: Structure - Function - Dynamics
- Molecular Biology of Cells
- Genes and Development
- Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Emerging Infectious Diseases
- International Research Training Group 2172 - PRoTECT
- Physics of Biological and Complex Systems (IMPRS)
- Cellular and Molecular Physiology of the Brain
- Sensory and Motor Neuroscience
- Systems Neuroscience
- Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience
- Genome Science (IMPRS)
- Molecular Medicine
(2) DFG-funded Collaborative Research Centers (Sonderforschungsbereiche, SFB):
- EXC 171 "Nanoscale microscopy and molecular physiology of the brain"
- SFB 1286 "Quantitative synaptology"
- SFB 1190 "Compartmental gates and contact sites in cells"
- SFB 1002 "Modulatory units in heart failure"
- SFB 889 "Cellular mechanisms of sensory processing"
- SFB 803 "Functionality controlled by organization in and between membranes"
- SFB 755 "Nanoscale photonic imaging"
(3) EU-funded projects:
- COSYN: Comorbidity and Synapse Biology in Clinically Overlapping Psychiatric Disorders / EU (H2020-PHC)
- EU-AIMS: European Autism Interventions - A Multicentre Study for Developing New Medications / EU (FP7-IMI-JU)
- EXTRABRAIN: Extracellular brain proteolysis in neuronal plasticity and neuropsychiatric disorders / EU (FP7-PEOPLE-ITN)
- NEURASMUS: A European Master in Neuroscience: Advanced Course and Research Training / EU (EPP Erasmus+)
(4) Science centers in Göttingen:
- DFG Cluster of Excellence "Multiscale Bioimaging: From Molecular Machines to Networks of Excitable Cells"
- DFG Research Center for Molecular Physiology of the Brain (CMPB)
- Center for Systems Neuroscience (CSN)